To help you evaluate your website payment pages and optimise them with the inclusion of crypto payments, we've drawn on our team's significant industry and design experience to guide you on everything from the design of your payment pages to the payment methods you offer.
Payment page design
Reviewing the design of your payment pages is a natural first step. Here are some key areas we suggest you focus on:
- Ask yourself whether the payment process is generally clean looking, and simple to follow, or is it confusing and cluttered?
- Check if the payment options are presented in a concise and logical manner, ensuring users can easily see all of the options available, and can navigate to the most popular methods quickly.
- Remember to label payment methods and currencies using obvious terminology. For example ‘pay in crypto’ rather than using the name of your payment gateway API.
By reviewing and perfecting these elements you’ll achieve the ultimate objective, which is to give customers a smooth experience so they stay engaged and don’t abandon the checkout process.
It’s worth noting, if your business receives customer payments for account deposits, which are used to interact with your platform, you will need to make appropriate adaptations to specifically cater to your customer’s needs. This includes, editing the language to say ‘deposit’ rather than ‘payment’, making it clear that users can set the deposit amount to any figure, and sense-checking the entire page, especially if you’ve adapted a design previously used for cart payments.
Next, we suggest that you consider the payment methods that you offer. Check if you’re providing a variety of payment options that cater to the needs of your customers, or if you’re limiting your payment options to traditional methods only. Customers are increasingly seeking alternative payment methods, such as crypto payments, so if you're offering these options you may be losing out on potential customers. Popular payment methods will differ per market, it's therefore crucial to do research on this. For example, in economies with a large unbanked population, there will be a high correlation with crypto payments uptake.
When it comes to crypto payments, it’s important to ensure that your payment page is optimised for this specific payment method. Here are a few key elements to consider when designing your crypto payment page:
- Clearly state that you accept crypto payments – This may seem obvious, but it’s important to clearly communicate to your customers that you accept crypto payments. This can be done through the use of logos, banners, or other design elements that make it clear that crypto payments are an option.
- Provide clear instructions for how to make a crypto payment – Crypto payments can be confusing for those who are new to the space. Provide clear and concise instructions for how to make a payment using crypto, including which wallets are compatible and how to input the necessary information.
- Include conversion rates – Payments in crypto might require customers to convert their fiat currency into crypto. Make sure to include up-to-date conversion rates to help customers understand how much they need to pay in crypto.
- Ensure security and privacy – Crypto payments are known for their security and privacy benefits, so make sure that your payment page reflects this. Highlight the security measures that you have in place to protect customer data, and provide clear information on how you handle customer information.
- Offer customer support – It’s important to offer customer support for those who may have questions or concerns. This can include live chat support, phone support, or even a detailed FAQ section that answers common questions.
Keep in mind that the world of crypto is constantly evolving, so it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies, and to update the above key points when needed. This will ensure that your payment pages remain effective despite the changing landscape.
Payment pages might be one of the last pages that your customers see, but if you want your business to stay competitive in today’s digital landscape, they should be treated with high importance. Including crypto payments as an option will especially provide your customers with a seamless and secure payment experience, whilst also positioning your business as a leader in your space.
If you'd like further guidance on how to integrate crypto as a payment method, book a meeting with our team here.